Monday, January 8, 2018

God of Miracles {week 27}

Hello!
This has been quite the week. I was debating whether or not to write about what I'm about to write about, because it's personal and crazy, but I'm going to. I don't know why but I hope it will help someone. Also just writing things out is good for me a lot of the time. So really this email will just be me blabbering the whole time. Feel free to not read :) 

I'll begin with transfer calls. I'm staying!!! Words cannot describe how happy I am! This area is like home to me. I love it hear so much and have already promised people that I will be returning after my mission. I'm so grateful I get to serve here another transfer. At the end of this transfer it will be 6 months in this area! Yay! I'm so happy! Both my wards were blown apart by transfers though. Out of the 3 companionships I work with, only one other missionary stayed the same. And they're adding another set of missionaries to the Brookswood ward! So this is going to be interesting.  Sister Van Valkenburg is going up to Prince George! So exciting!

We had quite the interesting lesson the other day. It was just so funny I have to write about it. We have two investigators who are just so awesome and hilarious. They live a bit of a street life so it's interesting sometimes. The other day we invited a member, Brother Friesen, to our lesson. When we got there both our investigators had thought we were coming at 9 instead of 8 like we had planned (don't know why they thought that, we're home by 9). They were wanting to go get some dinner so they said we could tag along with one of their friends. The member was a bit confused so we told him he could leave but felt like it would be productive for us to stay with our investigators. Brother Friesen took it like a champ and just shrugged his shoulders and said he would come. We ended up walking all over downtown Langley in back alleys and such. It would be normal for us missionaries, but it was just so hilarious to have a member with us. I'm so grateful Brother Friesen's such a trooper. Now that I'm writing this I'm realizing that it's probably not funny to people who weren't there. Oh well. 

Anyways, this Wednesday I took a field trip to Vancouver! Vancouver is beautiful! I wasn't going to write about my experience there, but I've decided to anyways for some reason. The purpose for going to Vancouver was to renew my passport, which expires in June. No good because I'm supposed to be here until January :) So I went to Vancouver with the Cranes and another sister who got her passport stolen. The other sister was able to get her passport, but I was not. I was a little bit miffed but I didn't have much time to dwell on it because the sister I was with started talking to someone at the US consulate and I had to join in because it is my responsibility as a missionary. We have no time for such things as worrying haha. So I had one of the best conversations with some people ever and we met this guy who lives in the other sister's area and now he gets a chance to hear about the gospel and it's just wonderful. I never felt the spirit support me so much. I think it was because I wasn't letting myself think about my passport.

Anyways, we had a bit of a drive home. As I sat in the car thinking about the whole situation I really felt a lot of peace and comfort about it. But if there's one thing I've learned as a missionary it's how Satan works on me. And I knew he was going to use my passport as arsenal. So I decided to ask Elder Crane for a priesthood blessing, even though I felt fine in the moment. In the blessing I was reassured that I would be able to stay in my mission for the full 18 months. I know that Heavenly Father is watching over me and that I had to go to Vancouver last Wednesday for reasons unknown. Reasons I may never know. Regardless, Heavenly Father sees and understands more than I do. The spirit told me that one of the main reasons Heavenly Father is having me experience this is that I needed an experience to increase my faith. We learn in the scriptures that Heavenly Father can only work miracles according to our faith. And I know that there are things in this mission that Heavenly Father wants to accomplish. Things that will take miracles. And I could not develop the faith I needed to on my own. If I were a mathematical equation, the things I need to do and the faith I had previously did not compute. But the experiences Heavenly Father has been giving me have been helping me realize that "if ye will have faith in me (Christ) ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me"  (Moroni 7:33). I know that Heavenly Father's hand is in this work, that He is guiding and directing our lives. If we allow Him to direct us, we will experience miracles. I know that we are literately in God's hands. 

Alma 37:7 "And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls" 

Hold on and have faith. No matter what your situation God can and will work miracles. 
Sister Bloomfield 




You might also like