Thursday, January 4, 2018

Happy New Year! {week 26}

Hello everyone!
I hope you all had a happy new year! This is going to be such a great year!

I had kind of a cool experience this Saturday. On Saturdays we park our car and walk all day long. So this Saturday we parked our car at the church and walked all over the place. It was a bit of a discouraging day and by the end of the day I was physically and mentally exhausted. We started our trek back home and things were looking a little dim. After a while we finally reached the base of the hill that the temple is on. We started walking up the hill and as I looked up I saw the temple at the top, lit up and shining in contrast to the darkening sky. I kept my eyes fixated on the temple as we walked up the hill and soon enough we found ourselves at the top. At times it felt like I was crawling up that hill. But with the temple in my sights I knew there was no way I'd ever give up. It reminded me of life. We are sent here, away from our Heavenly Father, and often times experience difficulties and trials. Sometimes it may feel like we are barely crawling along. But if we keep our eyes on heaven, ensuring we maintain an eternal perspective, we know that giving up is not even an option. Heavenly Father has provided us a way to return home, and if we rely on the Savior success is guaranteed. We just have to keep our eyes towards heaven. 
3 Nephi 11:5
And again the third time thy did hear the voice, and did open their ears to hear it; and their eyes were towards the sound thereof; and they did look steadfastly towards heaven, from whence the sound came

I absolutely love serving in the Canada Vancouver mission and am so grateful to be here! I've learned and changed so much. I'm excited for this year, 2018, because it will be a full year of me serving the Lord as a full time missionary.

Sister Bloomfield 



You might also like