Monday, April 23, 2018

Fun Stuff {week 42}

Hello Everyone!
This has been a pretty good week! The weather is warming up and Nanaimo is absolutely gorgeous! 
Some highlights from this week:

Tanner (name has been changed): The other day sister Yraguen and I were on the campus of the University here meeting one of our recent converts. As we were leaving we ran into Tanner. He's from India and is only here for school. As we talked with him he was really impressed with what we were doing so he agreed to meet up with us again. The next time we planned to meet with him we brought the elders and introduced them. They hit it off really well and Tanner said he wanted to come to church, make a facebook page for our church, and come out proselyting with the missionaries! He's only like 20 so I'm hoping he'll go on a mission some day. 

Deborah: We've been teaching Deborah ever since I got here and she's getting baptized on Tuesday! I'm so excited for her and I love her so much! She is so ready for baptism and keeps telling us what an honor it is to be getting baptized. It is so amazing to see. 

April and Lily: We are teaching the sweetest little girls ever! One is 9 and one is 8. They're getting baptized on May 5th. They both come from part member homes and are cousins. I love teaching them! They are so cute! I love their family so much!

Baptism: The elders had a baptism this week! At like 10 the night before the elders called and asked me to play the piano. I was able to squeeze in a couple of minutes to practice the songs they had requested (both songs I've never played before) and was able to get them down. The elders even sang me one of the songs over the phone so I would know for sure which one they wanted. Once the baptism started and I started to play the song I looked up to see one of the elders right in front of the piano. He told me that the lyrics printed on the page were different than the song I was playing so we had to do a quick switch and play a different song. It was pretty funny! I've been playing the piano for things a lot lately. Heavenly Father has really been blessing me to actually be able to accompany people haha. 

This week I needed a change so one day during dinner I decided to cut my hair. It was fun! Sister Yraguen helped and I actually really like it. We keep joking that the spirit guided our hands because neither of us have cut hair before haha. 

Zone conference is tomorrow and we should be getting our smart phones! That's going to be weird. It will be an interesting change though!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Also just a quick reminder: I'm not allowed to respond to emails after I've already emailed a person once. I'm sorry, I love you all but that's the rules! 






You might also like