Monday, August 27, 2018

Another Week in Happy Abby {week 60}

Hello Everyone!
This has been a great week! I'm super happy because it rained this week which means fall is coming!!!! I love fall!!! And I'm even more excited for winter because that's my favorite season!! 

This is also an amazing week because MARCIA GOT BAPTIZED!!!! I've had the privilege of working with Marcia for the past 3 weeks and I am so grateful for her! She is an incredible person and is going to do so much good in the world! I felt the spirit so strongly at her baptism! Earlier that day Sister Robison and I had been talking about the 7th verse of the song "how firm a foundation." The lyrics read

The soul that on Jesus hath
leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot, desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell
should endeavor to shake, 
I'll never, no never, I'll never, no never,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake! 

That song has always had a big impact on me and lately I've really been reflecting on the principle of enduring to the end. We have to commit to never forsake Christ every day of our life. We were listening to this song on the way to the baptism so it was fresh on our minds. Then the first speaker at the baptism quoted those exact lyrics! The spirit was so strong! It was amazing to me because Marcia was making a commitment to follow God that day. But it is a promise that she will continue to make for the rest of her life. I also have made that promise to accept Jesus Christ, keep His commandments, and always remember Him. And it's one I want to make for the rest of my life. I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost that helps me to be capable of keeping that promise for the rest of my life. 

As we were leaving the baptism it was our job to lock up the church. The church has this big gate locking up the parking lot and I couldn't get it closed for the life of me. It was raining which was making everything a bit more difficult. Sister Robison hopped out of the car and we said a prayer asking Heavenly Father to help us close the gate. On our very next try the gate closed! It was such a testimony to me of the power of prayer! 

This week I also had the blessing of being able to go on an exchange in the Abbotsford 2nd ward!!! Words cannot express how much I love that area! And the missionaries serving there! I am so grateful I get to be so close!! I never thought I would experience so much love for a place and the people who live there. I never thought such a love was possible. It's amazing to think that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us even more than we can imagine! On our exchange we managed to get hopelessly lost (the area no longer has a car so we were on foot/ using a bus). We were about a mile away from the nearest bus stop. We were also in a place were there isn't as many houses or people. We saw one house though and decided to knock on the door. A lady answered who was so happy to hear our message! I definitely know that God is guiding our steps in this work. He has a plan for us. 

On Saturday we took one of the branch members around with us practically all day! She is such an amazing person and I really look up to her example. We took her finding with us and it was just so fun to have someone else with us! She reached out in love to all who were with us. It was awesome to see how serving someone else had such an impact on her. I love the people in this branch so much!

I hope you all have an amazing week!
Sister Bloomfield 





You might also like