Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Travel Plans and The Promised Land {week 2}

Hello!
Thanks so much for keeping me updated on things going back home! I love hearing about it!

Thank you so much for the letters too! I love getting them and they totally make my day!

Here's the answers to some questions I got:

How many elders and sisters there are in my district: There are 10 elders and 4 sisters (including myself). 6 of the elders are going to West Virginia and the rest of us are going to Vancouver Canada! It's a little weird, for some reason I was expecting there to be a lot more sisters! But my district is pretty awesome! Funny story, two of the elders in my district grew up together and then got called to the same mission. And now they're MTC companions! They keep calling each other by their first name on accident and it's kind of funny! I'm hoping my companion and I are companions again later on down the road!

What is my room like: It has 3 bunk beds and 6 closets I think, I can't remember. There are only 4 of us right now which is pretty nice

Am I able to use the new classrooms: Yes! They are sooooo amazingly beautiful! In fact, tours started yesterday which is a little weird haha. I feel like I'm in a zoo. There are floor length windows in each classroom and floor length murals on each floor, it's amazing and the spirit is so strong!

Choir: So choir is optional but totally worth it! The choir director is super awesome and the songs we sing are beautiful! Not to mention we perform each Tuesday for a general authority. My companion and I are pretty excited about who we suspect is the visitor today...... we won't know until tonight though ;)

What are Sundays like: On Sundays we have Relief Society (taught by a companionship. My companion and I taught last time) then district meeting, then Sacrament meeting. Something cool about Sacrament meeting is that they randomly call an elder and a sister from the congregation each Sunday and you don't know if you're speaking until you're called on the spot. So far I've escaped it but I'm not so sure about this week. Anyways, then we have a temple walk which is pretty fun! Sundays are pretty relaxing! We also have choir of course

Congrats to Palmer Ridge on making it to Nationals! I hope Josh has fun with that! I'm also glad to hear everyone's been having fun!

Something totally cool happened this week! The other day I was in the computer lab writing my email to the president and my companion and I were talking about how we're going to Canada etc. when this random teacher in the computer lab says "Hey you're going to my mission!" I turn and look and it's the guy from the prepare to serve videos!!!!!! Before my mission I watched videos of an RM being interviewed from my mission. And it was him!!!!!  I told him I recognized him which he thought was funny. Anyways, my companion and I see him all the time now. It's kind of like seeing a celebrity. Every time he sees us he says "there are my sisters going to the promised land!!!" It makes me so excited haha! 

Also, I ran into one of my friends from my Ecuador group who I didn't even know was going on a mission! The MTC is such a small world, it's awesome!

We got our travel plans!!!!!!!! We leave Wednesday, so in a week and a day!! I'm so excited!!!! There are 15 missionaries in our travel group which is going to be pretty awesome! We had to say goodbye to our STLs last night which was kind of sad... but exciting because that will be us in a week!!!!!!!

I love being a missionary and I love the MTC!! I have loved learning how to teach and applying it when we teach volunteers for the MTC! It's so awesome and I'm so grateful to be a missionary!!! 

One thing I've been learning about is the importance of being converted versus having a testimony. Having a testimony is good but you need to be converted to the gospel! Being converted means you are dedicated to Christ and no matter what happens you will always be dedicated to Him. That's our goal as missionaries, to become converted and to help others (members and non-members) become converted as well! It's amazing learning about helping others come unto Christ because you get to see just how much He loves everyone! It's incredible!

Wow, this email is long! I hope everyone is doing well! Thank you for keeping me updated, I love hearing about how everyone is doing!

I love the gospel, I know it's true, and I'm so grateful to be a missionary!

Love, Sister Bloomfield

You might also like