Monday, February 26, 2018

Apparently I'm Asian Now :) {week 34}

Hello everyone!
It feels like a lifetime since I last wrote! I also did not do very good at budgeting my time today so sorry, this email isn't going to be very good. 

This week I said goodbye to all of my dear friends in Brookswood and Willoughby. That area will be very missed, but I'm excited for the opportunities that await me in the Abbotsford 2nd ward! I love it here! I'm closer to the mountains and the scenery is very similar to Colorado. Practically everyone here is from India. There are multiple Sikh temples everywhere, and one very large one across from the church. It's so intriguing! That culture has always interested me a lot. I'm getting to learn a lot about it!

I love Sister Tapon, my new companion! She is the sweetest, cutest thing ever! When I first got here she started asking me about my taste in food. After a few questions she said "oh man, my plan was to make you Asian, but you're already Asian!" And now she always refers to me as an Asian. Haha I love it! She is so amazing though and such a hard worker. She's also making me want to visit the Philippines now haha! 

It snowed a ton here the other day! In fact, we actually got rear ended. That was a little startling, but luckily everyone was all OK. The car only has a little crack too. Heavenly Father has protected us so much! 

There is a scripture I've been thinking about a lot lately. It's D&C 19:23 "Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me." That scripture is the new youth theme! A lot of times it is easy to capitalize on the fact that Christ and His atonement bring us peace. That is very true. But part of obtaining that peace is to learn of Him, listen to him, and walk with Him. That peace we receive comes as we strive to become like Him by living as He did. The promised peace and rest come not from just knowing that Christ lives, but from taking His yoke upon us and diligently choosing to serve Him. I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ and His perfect life and sacrifice for each of us. 

Sister Bloomfield 
 
 
 
Me and Sister Tapon

Cute sister Tapon :)
 


You might also like