Monday, February 5, 2018

Happy New Year!! {week 31}

Hello Everyone!
It's been another great week here! 
Chinese new year is coming up and we had a HUGE activity to celebrate! It was so cool! President Wong even came! Not to mention the chinese people we were teaching came! It made me so happy to see them!!! Mostly everyone there was Chinese, so it was a ton of fun trying to talk to people! It was so cool to see so much culture too! Sometimes I feel like I'm actually in China. I love it so much! President Wong even taught me some Chinese! I can now say "You are SO good!" in Chinese! Yay! 

One thing I've learned is that Christ provides a way for those who earnestly seek him. It won't be easy. But it will be worth it. We have an amazing investigator who is hoping to get baptized soon! She has a brain injury, but has been praying for the ability to learn and remember everything we've been teaching her. Her progress has been incredible! It's amazing to see the gospel of Jesus Christ work in someone's life and change it for the better. She came to church this Sunday and just loved it! I know the only thing that gives us the power to improve the quality of our life is the gospel of Jesus Christ. It gives us purpose and meaning in this life. It makes me so happy. 

I read this amazing conference talk this week by Sharon Eubank. It was in the latest general conference. One thing that stood out to me, is that Christ enables us to change us so that our hearts have no more desire to do evil. He can change our desires. We can't force ourselves to have charity, or force ourselves to be humble. But if we invite Christ into our life we can overcome the natural man and be blessed with the attributes that enable us to become like Christ and love those around us. 
Have a good week!

Sister Bloomfield

You might also like