Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Hello {week 33}

Hello Everyone!
I'm getting transferred!!!!! In all honesty, I am SO SAD to be leaving this area! I've been here for 6 months and it feels like home to me. Last night I kept waking up all night thinking about different people I am sad to be leaving. I love this area and the people in it with all my heart! 

Despite the fact that I'm sad I'm going to be leaving Willoughby and Brookswood, I'm really excited for next transfer! I'm staying in the same zone and going to the Abbotsford 2nd ward. My companion is Sister Tapon! She's been out for a transfer and is from the Philippines! I'm so excited! I can already feel that some exciting things are coming in this area! I'm so excited! I love my mission so much. I never thought it was possible to love a place and the people in it so much. I can say in all honesty, I love being a missionary. I'm so grateful Heavenly Father allowed me to come on a mission. 

This has been such a good week! We had an amazing lesson with one of our investigators where we ended the lesson by kneeling to say a prayer and ask God if the Book of Mormon is true. The spirit was so strong it was tangible. After the prayer she looked at us and said "can you feel that?" It was amazing. I know with all my heart that the Book of Mormon is true. I couldn't deny that even if I wanted too. This girl we're teaching has a lot of overcome to be baptized, but I know that Heavenly Father will provide a way for her. And luckily I'm close enough to witness it happening :) 

The other day we found a Chinese couple to teach. We knocked on their door and the man got so excited when he saw us! He said that he really wants to be Christian he just doesn't know how to since he moved from China. He said he doesn't feel prepared to be a Christian because his knowledge is so limited. But he wants to believe in Christ! It made me so happy to hear that, because our purpose as missionaries is to help people to know about Christ and His restored gospel and what it means for them personally. Heavenly Father is so aware of all His children, and He is aware of that man who wanted to believe in God but just didn't know how. It's so amazing to participate in this work! 

After transfer calls we spent some time visiting some people. I am going to miss these people SO MUCH. I know that God has so much in store for me in this next area. I love missionary work! 

Lately I've been studying how to have the spirit with me more. I've been learning that the spirit is something we RECEIVE. Meaning, we have to be prepared to receive it. If you were playing football, your teammates wouldn't throw you the ball if you weren't paying attention. That would do you more harm than good because it could hit you in the face or your teammates would get mad at you for not catching it! But if you are prepared to receive the ball and intend to run with it and score, then your teammates are more likely to throw you the ball. You have to prepare yourself to receive the spirit. And not just the spirit, but all of the blessings Heavenly Father has in store for us. There's so much more than I think we can even begin to comprehend. 

I hope you all have a great week! 






You might also like