Monday, December 3, 2018

All that you have and are {week 74}

Hello everyone,
This has been such a crazy and exhausting week. Exhausting in a wonderful way! 

This week we were able to teach one of Marcia's friends! It was such a cool experience! She has so many questions and is so curious about the gospel. It is so fun teaching people who have so many questions. I always love it when we commit someone to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. The Book of Mormon is so powerful. Reading has really helped me to understand the true nature of God. 

We were also able to teach another girl we're working with about faith. She's had such a hard past she has a hard time trusting God. But as we taught her, her heart opened up and she said she wanted to learn to trust God. As we were walking out of the lesson she asked me what made me always be in such a good mood. I told her it was the gospel and asked her what made her happy. She said she wasn't happy because of what happened in her past. I told her that it is only through the gospel that she can leave that behind and become truly happy. I know that's true. It is only through Jesus Christ that we can find relief from the burden of past trials and mistakes. 

We also had stake conference this weekend. Elder Hallstrom came! It was one of the best stake conferences I've ever been to. They talked a lot about consecration. In Mosiah 2:34 it says "I say unto you, that there are not any among you, except it be your little children that have not been taught concerning these things, but what knoweth that ye are eternally indebted to your heavenly Father, to render to him all that you have and are" I love that scripture because we are able to give heavenly Father all that we have and are out of a deep gratitude and love for Him. Serving God should be our first priority. True happiness comes as we turn our hearts to God. 

I have found true happiness as I've been able to serve as a missionary! We saw so many miracles this week, as we do everyday! 

Anyways, I hope you all have an amazing week!




You might also like