Monday, December 17, 2018

Be Still {week 76}

Dear Friends and Family,
This has been an incredible week!! COBY GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo happy and excited for him!!!! It's amazing to think that just a couple of months ago sister Robison and I ran into him on the streets of Langley on the day we didn't have a car. God's plans are WAY BETTER than mine!! That's for sure!!! 

The font here in Langley was broken so we had to go all the way to Maple Ridge for the baptism! It turned out to be an amazing service! It was especially amazing to see the difference in Coby after he got the gift of the Holy Ghost! The best thing in the world about being a missionary is watching someone grow in the gospel. 

This Sunday all of us missionaries were asked to speak! It was an amazing experience because one thing I've been working on is teaching by the spirit so I decided to not write my talk out this time. Instead I just studied a lot and prepared a few scriptures. When I got on the stand I didn't know exactly what I was going to say, but I felt the spirit so strongly. It was a pretty amazing experience. All the other missionaries who spoke also had such strong testimonies. I felt the spirit so strong that sacrament meeting. One thing our branch President said after we spoke was about how amazed he was that God would send such young people to proclaim the gospel. He said "God sends weak things to confound the wise so weak things can become strong." That really struck me. It's so true that God can make weak things become strong. One of the themes of my mission has been the scripture in Ether 12:27. If we humble ourselves before God, He can make us strong even though we are weak.

I've learned lately that if we truly understand the gospel, there would be no need to be worried or stressed. Because of Jesus Christ everything will always be ok. One thing that has been echoing in my mind has been "Be still, and know that I am God."
Have a wonderful week!
Sister Bloomfield
 





You might also like